GPHF-Minilab® - Fact Sheet
||Non-sophisticated, low-cost screening methods assembled as self-contained kit ready-packed for worldwide delivery by air and medicines testing on the spot. Verifies label claims on drug identity and content and detects counterfeit medicines containing the wrong, much to high, much to low or zero levels of active ingredients. Can be used outside a laboratory environment by those having some understanding of analytical chemistry, for example medical or pharmaceutical technicians. Manuals, basic lab ware, starter kit of chemicals and a collection of reference standards safeguard performance. Boosts medicines testing capacity and protects patients against falsified medicines of extreme poor quality infiltrating drug supply chains of governmental, private and faith-based health facilities in developing countries.
||Physical Testing: Visual Inspection Guide & Disintegration Test. Chemical Testing: Colour Reactions & Thin Layer Chromatography.
||63 compounds taking into account medicines prevailing in developing countries for priority diseases and childcare: acetylsalicylic acid, albendazole, aminophylline, amodiaquine, amoxicillin, ampicillin, artemether, artesunate, atovaquone, azithromycin, cefalexin, cefixime, cefuroxime, chloramphenicol, chloroquine, ciprofloxacin, clarithromycin, clavulanic acid, cloxacillin, cycloserine, didanosine, dihydroartemisinin, erythromycin, ethambutol, ethionamide, furosemide, glibenclamide, griseofulvin, halofantrine, indinavir, isoniazid, kanamycin, lamivudine, levofloxacin, lumefantrine, mebendazole, mefloquine, metronidazole, moxifloxacin, nevirapine, ofloxacin, oseltamivir, paracetamol, phenoxymethylpenicillin, piperaquine, praziquantel, prednisolone, primaquine, proguanil, prothionamide, pyrazinamide, pyrimethamine, pyronaridine, quinine, rifampicin, salbutamol, stavudine, sulfadoxine, sulfamethoxazole, sulfamethoxypyrazine, trimethoprim, tetracycline, zidovudine.
|TLC Kit Equipment:
||1 Protective case incl. manuals and collection of authentic secondary reference standards (83 x 52 x 29 cm, 23 kg, black with preformed dividers/pockets, wheels and extension handle).
|Dye Kit Equipment:
||1 Protective case incl. manuals (62 x 50 x 22 cm, 14 kg, black with preformed dividers/pockets).
|Starter Kit Chemicals:
||Capacity sufficient for about 3000 colour reaction tests and 1000 TLC runs. Coming in safety packs for air travel: 20 to 22 Boxes (~ 50 kg).
||About 100 kg as ready-packed palette for worldwide delivery by air.
||Tropics-compatible but avoiding direct sunlight. No special storage area required for the quantities of chemicals supplied.
||About 2 years for authentic secondary reference standards. May be shorter for antiretrovirals. Minimum 5 years for reagents and solvents in their original packaging.
||Out- and indoors. Bench top replaceable by office table. Deionized water is not required. For convenience purposes only: Power-driven hot plate when working indoors. Fits all sockets and voltages. Recommendations: Sufficient air ventilation, e.g. fan and open window, when using indoors. Access to running water for cleaning.
|TLC Test Kit:
||2873 € incl. manuals with method inventory on 63 drug compounds plus electronic pocket balance, all other lab equipment, solvents and other consumables for about 1000 test runs. The actual quotation is valid only.
|Dye Test Kit:
||1194 € incl. manuals with method inventory on 32 drug compounds plus all the lab equipment, reagents and other consumables for about a 3000 test runs. The actual quotation is valid only.
* Costs depending on quantities and whether or not donated stock is available. The actual quotation is valid only.
- between about 300 - 350 € * for a set of 20 antimicrobials: amoxicillin, ampicillin, azithromycin, cefalexin, cefixime, cefuroxime axetil, chloramphenicol, ciprofloxacin, clarithromycin, clavulanic acid, cloxacillin, erythromycin, levofloxacin, metronidazole, moxifloxacin, ofloxacin, phenoxymethylpenicillin, sulfamethoxazole, trimethoprim and tetracycline
- between about 180 - 230 € * for a set of 14 antimalarials: amodiaquine, artesunate, artemether, atovaquone, chloroquine, dihydroartemisinin, lumefantrine, mefloquine, piperaquine, proguanil, pyrimethamine, pyronaridine, quinine and sulfadoxine (there are currently no reference standards for halofantrine, primaquine and sulfamethoxypyrazine available)
- between about 360 - 380 € * for a set of 12 anti-TB drugs: ciprofloxacin, cycloserine, ethambutol, ethionamide, isoniazid, kanamycin, levofloxacin, moxifloxacin, ofloxacin, prothionamide, pyrazinamide and rifampicin
- between about 380 - 430 € * for a set of 6 antiretrovirals: didanosine, indinavir, lamivudine, nevirapine, stavudine and zidovudine
- between about 30 - 50 € * for a set of 3 anthelminthics: albendazole, mebendazole and praziquantel
- between about 130 - 160 € * for 9 other optional items: acetylsalicylic acid, aminophylline, furosemid, glibenclamid, griseofulvin, oseltamivir, paracetamol, prednisolone and salbutamol
||Please ask for a price list when ordering single Minilab items for replacement. Minimum order: 10 €
||In general, between 700 and 900 € for carriage and insurance for a single Minilab, the actual price, however, depending on the Minilab quantities and on the individual port and country of destination.
||Clients responsibility: up to 1000 € without a waiver.
|Settling of Invoice:
||First time buyers before delivery in EURO via Technologie Transfer Marburg (TTM)
||Bank: Sparkasse Marburg
Account No.: 11.03.44.89
Sorting Code: 533.500.00
SWIFT: HELA DE FF
BIC-Code: HELA DE F1 MAR
IBAN: DE 6553350000 0011034489
||Dangerous good delivery via cargo aircraft. Shipment via passenger aircraft on special request only (requires different packaging scheme).
|Time of Delivery:
||About six weeks from the time when the order has been received and the invoice been settled.
||Harbours or airports with known facilities for the reception of international good deliveries (Cargo aircraft terminal, Customs & Excise Office, etc.) based next to the client.
||Access to reference laboratories at very favourable rates can be arranged by the Global Pharma Health Fund (GPHF).
||In cases where training of doctors, pharmacists, pharmacy assistants and other healthcare professionals in the management of drug quality assurance is deficient, a one-week introductory course on the Minilab’s operation procedures is offered locally or in Germany by the Medical Mission Institute Würzburg, the German Medicines Aid action medeor or the GPHF-Minilab Project Manager. Inquiries via GPHF or its project partners.
|Product information by:
Global Pharma Health Fund (GPHF)
Project Office, Rotlintstraße 75
60389 Frankfurt (Germany)
|Orders taken by:
||Technologie Transfer Marburg (TTM)
Auf der Kupferschmiede 1, 35091 Coelbe, Germany
TTM will also arrange for GPHF-Minilab® shipment to a competent airport based next to the client.